Goal: Coordinate four Beat The Streets Cleveland wrestling and mentoring programs in Cleveland Public Schools during Spring of 2020 to positively alter life's trajectory for 125 youth.
● Recruit coaches, mentors, and volunteers to fully staff four school programs
● Train and maintain certification documentation for all coaches & volunteers
● Recruit 125 participants across the four schools by coordinating gym class takeovers, communicating with parents, utilizing volunteer support and using school partnerships.
● Collect before and after program surveys from 90% or more of youth participants
● Provide coaches with clear expectations, training, schedules, performance evaluations, and
enforcement of these same standards.
● Implement the designed mentorship and wrestling curriculum at the four school programs
● Work with the Program Director of the Board to improve and expand the program’s vision
● A passion for wrestling and youth development
● College degree (College loans are necessary for tuition reimbursement)
● Available for Up2Us positive coaching training September 6th – 9th in Chicago
● Background check and TB (tubercle bacillus) clearance
● A strong commitment to the Beat the Streets Cleveland mission, vision and coaching philosophy
● Flexible work schedule with heaviest hours in March, April, and May.
Compensation: Up2Us Coach Program $7,770.00 and $3,050 tuition reimbursement ($10,820 total)
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter and three professional references by 8/18/19 to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Beat the Streets New York is currently accepting applications for a Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator works to develop and implement communication strategies with Beat the Streets’ key constituencies (student-athletes, parents, coaches, alumni, community supporters, funders, prospective funders, and board members).
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. Position is located in midtown Manhattan.
To view the full job description, please click here.
Summary of Organization
The mission of Beat the Streets Los Angeles is to empower and transform the lives of youth through the sport of wrestling. Since its inception in 2012, Beat the Streets Los Angeles has expanded to over 20 wrestling programs serving over 900 girls and boys from 90 Los Angeles neighborhoods. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Summary of Position
The Director of Operations assists the Program Director and Executive Director in organizing and executing year-round opportunities to inspire mastery of wrestling skills, healthy living, character development and enhanced academic achievement for youth in Los Angeles and surrounding communities. Under the direction of the executive staff, the Director of Operations is accountable for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
• • • • • •
Beat the Streets Los Angeles 515 South Figueroa, 16th Floor Los Angeles, California 90071 T: 213-369-7709 www.btsla.org
• Ability to carry out tasks independently and work collaboratively with other staff.
Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Experience with social media marketing is a plus.
Hours: Regular business hours and other hours as required for events.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time. Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Medical benefits, retirement plan, vacation days, paid holidays
Contact: Email resume and cover
letter to firstname.lastname@example.org